top of page
Electricity Plugs

Consumer unit, Fusebox and
Switch gear upgrades in London


Fusebox replacement in London and the South East

At prime electrical services we provide consumer unit and switch gear upgrades and replacements for both domestic and commercial clients. Your consumer unit (fuse board) is a critical piece of your electrical installation offering numerous safety critical features.

A consumer unit is the control center for the whole power supply in an installation, designed to prevent electric shocks and fires. It’s an essential piece of equipment that should always be replaced on a rewiring job or at the end of its service life, you may need a new consumer unit to add more capacity to your existing installation. Another reason you may need a replacement consumer unit is if you require an addition to your  installation e.g. a new kitchen or electric shower these additions will need to be installed to the current wiring regulations which are BS7671 18th edition. We fit Many brands and sizes of consumer units, so it should be easy to find the right product for your job. 

All of our installations are fully certified and we'll notify your building control body. We'll test all the electrical circuits in the house during the installation, which will confirm the whole house is electrically safe.

Some of the benefits of a new consumer unit are:

  • Safety and protection for your home and family

  • Trusted engineers to fit in your new consumer unit (fusebox) replacement

  • Ensures appliances are meeting latest regulations

  • Latest safety features

  • Quality workmanship guaranteed

Consumer unit replacements in domestic premises as well as additions of new circuits are notifiable to building control. Work in special locations e.g. bathrooms are also notifiable. We have come across many installations which have not been notified to building control, these electrical works are usually carried out by unregistered electricians leaving the customer without the appropriate paperwork.

What will happen if I do not comply with the Building Regulations?

If you do not comply the work will not be legal. You could be prosecuted and could face unlimited fines.

• The work may not be safe, could cause health problems, injury or even death. It may also not meet energy efficiency standards.

 • If work is found to be faulty your Local Authority could insist you put it right at your own expense.

 • If the work has not been notified to a Building Control Body or carried out by a Competent Person Scheme registered installer the Local Authority will have no record that the work complies with Building Regulations. These records will be important when you come to sell your home as you may be asked to provide certificates of compliance with the Building Regulations.

Why should I use an installer who is registered with a Competent Person Scheme?

 • An installer registered with a Competent Person Scheme is qualified to carry out specific types of work in accordance with Building Regulations and should both notify the local authority of the work and issue you a certificate of compliance with Building Regulations either directly or through their scheme operator. If you do not receive a certificate within 30 days of completion contact the Competent Person Scheme operator that your installer is registered with and they may be able to help you resolve this.

 • If you do not use an installer registered with a Competent Person Scheme then you will have to submit a building notice or full plans application and pay a fee to have a Building Control Body come and inspect the work you have carried out.

  • You will be given financial protection to cover the event of non-compliant work being found where the installation company has gone out of business Visit

Contact us for a quote.

bottom of page